If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
From The News-Courier staff—
MUNDAY—Munday High School band director Trey Singleton notified parents and member last week that he will proceed with the schedule he mailed out earlier, starting with a summer band camp July 27-31.
The UIL announced last week that for the purposes of marching band rehearsals and practices, schools must require students, staff and visitors to wear face coverings when entering and exiting facilities and practice areas, and when not actively practicing. Face coverings must be worn anytime six feet of distance cannot be maintained unless it is not practical to do so while practicing. Schools may, for example, allow students to practice while playing wind instruments. However, schools must require students and staff to wear face coverings as they get into positions that allow for safe spacing.
Singleton said that he gets updates regularly from the UIL. “We may be updating for smaller ensemble work, if necessary.”
Rehearsals will be conducted Aug. 3, Aug. 10 and Aug. 17 before practices are held Aug 24, Aug. 31, Sept. 7, Sept. 14, Sept. 21, Sept. 28 and Oct. 5.
Here is the rest of the tentative 2020-2021 schedule sent to all members in June:
- 10, Seymour Marching Festival
- Oct 12, clinic, Munday
- 17, UIL Marching, Wichita Falls
- 19, clinic, Munday
- 26, clinic, Munday
- 31, 1A Marching, Abilene
- 7, H.S. District auditions, Hirschi HS, Wichita Falls
- 14, MS District auditions, Hirschi HS, Wichita Falls
- 5, H.S. All-Regional tryouts, Graham
- 10, Elementary concert, Munday
- 13, Christmas concert, Munday
- Jan 9, Area tryouts, Argyle
- Jan 15-16, H.S. All-Region concert, Stephenville
- 23, J.H., H.S.District concert, Wichita Falls
- 10-13, TMEA Convention, San Antonio
- 20, Solo/Ensemble contest, Wichita Falls
- 24, UIL concert, sightreading evaluation, Seymour
- April 13, Drum major, twirler tryouts, Munday
- May 6, Elementary program, Munday
- May 9, Spring concert, Munday
- May 13, H.S. banquet, Munday
May 28-29, State Solo, Ensemble concert, Pflugerville