If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Secrets for happiness
Happiness has been defined as a state, not a trait, and can be characterized by contentment and general satisfaction, being satisfied with life and in a positive frame of mind.
The secret to happiness?
Well, one thing is for sure; you need a good sense of humor and a bad memory.
If you are happy, it will drive some crazy.
So today I thought I would share a few other rules to follow if you really want to be happy:
- Free heart from hatred, forgive others quickly.
- Free mind from worry as most of the things you worry about never happen.
- Appreciate what you already have.
- Give more, including time, to others.
- Expect less from others, but more from yourself.
Since enjoying a few laughs also is good for you, I’ll pass along a few that I found in clearing my desk recently.
- It seems a teacher wanted to make use of her psychology class from college one day by saying, “Everyone who thinks they’re stupid, stand up!”
After a short period of time where no one stood up, one little boy got out of his seat and stood.
“Do you think you are stupid,” the teacher said.
He answered, “No ma’am, but I didn’t want you standing by yourself.”
- When people a long time ago would beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today, it’s called golf.
- If you don’t laugh at troubles, you won’t have anything to laugh at when you are old.
- Speak when you are angry and you are likely to make the best speech you will ever regret.
In closing, I guess my cousin Eldon Tarver was right when he told me that I would never really retire until they put me in the ground.
After deciding to reduce my schedule here with The Knox County News-Courier, I still find myself busy helping Vonda Carter with the transition and doing a lot of writing. One of the only differences now is that I call her “boss” instead of vice versa.
It sounded like the same situation developed with the Knox County Extension Service when agent Lorrie Coop was recently promoted by……Now as he mentioned at a recent Commissioners Court meeting, Jerry Coplen, said, “I call her boss.”